Terms and Conditions
Information about us
Our Site is operated by Lister Trade Frames Ltd and The Big Trade Counter and references to "we", "us" and "our" shall be deemed to be references to Lister Trade Frames and The Big Trade Counter and references to "you" and "your" shall be deemed to be references to the customer placing an order on Our Site.
Our Site is intended for global use, however shipping regulations mean that prior arrangements and consent need to be obtained to ship outside of the UK
Placing an order
- By placing an order via Our Site, you are making an offer to Lister Trade Frames to purchase the Products detailed in your order, upon the terms described in your order.
- After placing an order, you will receive an email from us acknowledging that we have received your order. Please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted. You order constitutes an offer to us to buy a Product. All orders are subject to acceptance by us, and we will confirm such acceptance to you by sending you an email that confirms that the Product has been dispatched (the Dispatch Confirmation). The contract between us (Contract) will only be formed when we send you the Dispatch Confirmation.
- Your credit/debit card, if this is the approved method of payment will be authorised when your order is placed and processed but you will not be charged for the value of the Products until the point that they are dispatched to you. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- The Contract will relate only to those Products whose dispatch we have confirmed in the Dispatch Confirmation. We will not be obliged to supply any other Products which may have been part of your order until the dispatch of such Products has been confirmed in a separate Dispatch Confirmation.
- Prices and availability of Products are subject to change without notice. A delivery charge will be added to your order value where appropriate.
By placing an order through Our Site, you warrant that:
a. You are legally capable of entering into binding contracts;
b. You are at least 18 years old; and
c. You are resident in the United Kingdom.
- Our status
We may provide links on Our Site to the websites of other companies, whether affiliated with us or not. We cannot give any undertaking, that the contents and/or products you purchase from companies to whose website we have provided a link on Our Site, will be of satisfactory quality, and any such warranties are DISCLAIMED by us absolutely.
- Your right to cancel
You may normally cancel your order (once accepted by us) for any reason up to and before you receive the Dispatch Confirmation. If you do cancel the order within this time any payments made by you will be refunded in full within 30 days.
If you are contracting as a consumer, you may cancel a Contract at any time within seven working days, beginning on the day after you received the Products. In this case you will receive a full refund of the price paid for the Products in accordance with our refunds policy (set out in paragraph 10 of these Terms and Conditions).
To cancel a Contract, you must inform us in writing at the following email address email@example.com and return the Product(s) to us, in the same condition in which you received them, together with the original packaging and (except where the Product is faulty/does not comply with the Contract) at your own cost and risk. Product returns should be sent to the following address:
Lister Trade Frames
Unit 2 Govan Road
Fenton Industrial estate
Stoke on Trent
4. ST4 2RS
Details of this statutory right, and an explanation of how to exercise it, are provided in the Dispatch Confirmation. This provision does not affect you statutory rights.
Availability and delivery
Your order will be fulfilled by the delivery date set out in the Dispatch Confirmation or, if no delivery date is specified, then within 20 days of the date of the Dispatch Confirmation.
Risk and title
- The Products will be at your risk from the time of delivery.
- Ownership of the Products will only pass to you when we receive full payment of all sums due in respect of the Products, including delivery charges.
Price and Payment
- The price of any Products will be as quoted on Our Site from time to time, except in cases of obvious error.
- These prices include VAT but exclude delivery costs, which will be added to the total amount due as set out in our Delivery and Shipping page.
- Prices are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect orders in respect of which we have already sent you a Dispatch Confirmation.
- Payment for all products must be by credit or debit card, or other method as agreed. We accept payment with Visa, Mastercard, Visa Electron, Switch/Maestro and Solo. All prices are shown in pounds sterling (£).
Our refunds policy
- When you return a Product to us (for instance, because you have cancelled the Contract between us, or have notified us in accordance with paragraph 19 that you do not agree to any change in these Terms and Conditions or in any of our policies, or because you claim that the Product is defective/does not comply with the Contract), we will examine the returned Product and will notify you of your refund via email within a reasonable period of time. We will usually refund any money received from you using the same method originally used by you to pay for your purchase. We will process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case, within 30 days of the day we receive your cancellation.
- Products returned by you because of a defect or because they did not comply with the Contract will be refunded in full, including a refund of the delivery charges for sending the item to you and you will not be liable for the cost of returning the Product to us.
- Products returned by you within the seven-day cooling off period (see paragraph 6.2 above) or because you do not agree to any change in these Terms and Conditions or in any of our policies will be refunded in full, including the cost of sending the item to you. However, you will be responsible for the cost of returning the item to us.
- When returning Products you are strongly recommended to obtain proof of posting. We cannot accept responsibility for parcels lost in transit.
- We warrant to you that any Product purchased from us through Our Site is of satisfactory quality.
- Our liability in connection with any Product purchased through Our Site is strictly limited to the purchase price of that Product.
- This does not include or limit in any way our liability:
a. For death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
b. Under section 2(3) of the Consumer Protection Act 1987;
c. For fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
d. For any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude, or attempt to exclude our liability.
- We accept no liability for any loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of profits or contracts, loss of anticipated savings, loss of data, waste of management or office time or for any indirect or consequential loss or damage of any kind however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable which arise out of or in connection with the use of our site, the supply of the Products or their use or resale by you.
- Whilst we use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the information on Our Site is accurate and up to date, we do not give any warranty as to its accuracy or completeness and we will not be responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results arising from the use of such information.
- We do not guarantee that your use of Our Site will be interruption or error free and we will not be responsible for any disruption, loss of or corruption of any material in transit, or loss of or corruption of material or data when downloaded onto any computer system.
7. We will not be responsible nor liable for your use of any other websites which you may access via links within Our Site. We do not control these websites and we are not responsible for their content. Any such links are provided merely as a service to users of Our Site and their inclusion in Our Site does not constitute an endorsement by or affiliation with them.
Applicable laws require that some of the information or communications we send to you should be in writing. When using Our Site, you accept that communication with us will be mainly electronic. We will contact you by email or provide you with information by posting notices on Our Site. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect you statutory rights.
All notices given by you to us must be given to a company director at Lister Trade Frames Govan Road site. We may give notice to you at either the email or postal address you provide to us when placing an order, or in any of the ways specified in paragraph 12.
Notice will be deemed received and properly served immediately when posted on Our Site, 24 hours after an email is sent, or three days after the date of posting any letter. In proving the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that such letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an email that such email was sent to the specified email address of the addressee.
Transfer of rights and obligations
- The Contract between you and us is binding on you and us and on our respective successors and assigns.
- You may not transfer, assign, charge or otherwise dispose of a Contract, or any of your rights or obligations arising under it, without our prior written consent.
- We may transfer, assign, charge, sub-contract or otherwise dispose of a Contract, or any of our rights or obligations arising under it, at any time during the term of the Contract.
Events outside our control
- We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (Force Majeure Event).
- A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes in particular (without limitation) the following:
a. Strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action;
b. Civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war;
c. Fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster;
d. Impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport;
e. Impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks; and
f. The acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government.
- Our performance under any Contract is deemed to be suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues, and we will have an extension of time for performance for the duration of that period. We will use our reasonable endeavours to bring the Force Majeure Event to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations under the Contract may be performed despite the Force Majeure Event.
- If we fail, at any time during the term of a Contract, to insist upon strict performance of any of your obligations under the Contract or any of these Terms and Conditions, or if we fail to exercise any of the rights or remedies to which we are entitled under the Contract, this shall not constitute a waiver of such rights or remedies and shall not relieve you from compliance with such obligations.
- A waiver by us of any default shall not constitute a waiver of any subsequent default.
- No waiver by us of any of these Terms and Conditions shall be effective unless it is expressly stated to be a waiver and is communicated to you in writing in accordance with paragraph 13 above.
If any of these Terms and Conditions or any provisions of a Contract are determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful, or unenforceable to any extent, such term, condition or provision will to that extent be severed from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- These Terms and Conditions and any document expressly referred to in them represent the entire agreement between us in relation to the subject matter of any Contract and supersede any prior agreement, understanding or arrangement between us, whether oral or in writing.
- We each acknowledge that, in entering into a Contract, neither of us has relied on any representation, undertaking, or promise given by the other or be implied from anything said or written in negotiations between us prior to such Contract except as expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions.
- Neither of us shall have any remedy in respect of any untrue statement made by the other, whether orally or in writing, prior to the date of any Contract (unless such untrue statement was made fraudulently) and the other party's only remedy shall be for breach of Contract as provided in these Terms and Conditions.
- No person who is not a party to these Terms and Conditions or to any Contract between us shall have any right to enforce any term under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
Our right to vary these Terms and Conditions
- We have the right to revise and amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time.
- You will be subject to the policies and Terms and Conditions in force at the time that you order Products from us, unless any change to those policies or these Terms and Conditions is required to be made by law or governmental authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you), or if we notify you of the change to those policies or these Terms and Conditions before we send you the Dispatch Confirmation (in which case we have the right to assume that you have accepted the change to the Terms and Conditions, unless you notify us to the contrary within seven working days of receipt by you of the Products).
Law and jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions and Contracts for the purchase of Products through Our Site will be governed by English law. Any dispute arising from, or related to, such Contracts shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Lister Trade Frames Ltd and The Big Trade Counter are a company incorporated in England and Wales under company number 03122527 and whose registered office is at Unit 2 Govan road, Fenton Industrial estate, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire ST4 2RS.
Customer care telephone number: 01782 391900.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
VAT registration number: 280772347
Website Legal Notice
In return for us allowing you access to Our Site, we impose and require you to accept the terms and conditions of its use set out in this notice. If you are not prepared to agree to these terms and conditions then we require you to immediately leave Our Site.
Identity of the operator of this website
Lister Trade Frames Ltd and The Big Trade Counter a company incorporated in England and Wales under company number 03122527 and whose registered office is at Unit 2 Govan road, Fenton Industrial estate, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire ST4 2RS
The contents of Our Site (including pictures, logos, designs, photographs and written text) are the copyright or registered trade mark of Lister Trade frames Ltd or it's nominated suppliers, or its content and technology provider, or their respective owners. All rights are reserved. Save as set out below, your use and access of Our Site does not permit to you to copy, modify, reproduce or incorporate any part of the content available on Our Site in any way.
Accuracy of Information
Information on Our Site is provided by Lister Trade Frames Ltd in good faith and has been taken from trade and other sources. We believe that information on Our Site is reliable.
We have not verified every piece of information on Our Site and so it may not be complete or accurate for your purposes. In any event, we do not know the purposes for which you may intend to use any information you gather from Our Site.
Any opinions or estimates that we give on Our Site reflect our judgement at the date of posting to Our Site.
The contents of Our Site are subject to change by us without notice, unless the provisions of paragraph 19.2 of the Terms and Conditions applies.
No mention of any organisation, company or individual, whether on these pages or on other sites to which these pages are linked shall imply any approval or warranty by us as to the standing and capability of any organisations, company or individual.
We takes no responsibility for anything that might occur when you visit any other website.
We provide links to third parties only as a convenience to you and we do not accept any responsibility for the content of any third party website.
Examples and Illustrations
Any examples and illustrations with names, business names or businesses that appear on Our Site are imaginary. We do not intend them to refer to or portray (in name or substance) any actual names, companies, businesses, entities or institutions. Any resemblance to any real person, company, business, entities or institutions is purely co-incidental.
Email Correspondence with Lister Trade Frames Ltd
If you send unencrypted emails to us then there is a risk that others might be able to read or capture the contents of your email. If you are not prepared to accept this risk, we suggest that you contact us by an alternative means.
If you contact us by email by clicking on an email link on Our Site and sending us unencrypted email, then you consent to us replying by means of unencrypted email.
If you contact us by means of a form on Our Site and you provide us with your email address, then you consent to us contacting you by means or unencrypted email.
Limited Copyright Licence
These web pages are the copyright of Lister Trade Frames Ltd. This licence grants you LIMITED permission to copy the contents of Our Site.
It is absolutely prohibited to reproduce all or part of the contents of Our Site except in accordance with this licence.
We grant you the following limited licence to copy: you may download or print pages from Our Site. However, you may use them only for your own personal use and you may not make any modification to them.
We grant you the following limited licence to re-copy: you may re-copy, extract or forward pages from Our Site to a third party for their personal use only, as long as:
You do not make any modifications to the extract or pages before re-copying, extracting or forwarding;
You acknowledge that the extract is from Our Site;
You include the URL address of Our Site on the extract; and
You notify the third party that use and further copying of the extract by them is subject to the terms of this licence.
Acts forbidden under this limited copyright licence to you:
You may not incorporate any part of Our Site into any other work or publication, including incorporation into an electronic work without the prior written consent of UK Window Systems Ltd and
You may not frame Our Site within any website controlled by you.
Feedback and Suggestions
We welcome feedback and suggestions about Our Site. However, we only accept feedback and suggestions on the basis that they do not contain confidential information and that we are not bound by any obligation of confidentiality.
Lister Trade Frames Ltd Policy About Unsolicited Ideas
We are keen to avoid disputes or misunderstandings when our products, services, marketing or other business activities seem similar to ideas submitted by third parties to us.
Accordingly, we have a policy not to accept unsolicited ideas from third parties.
Please DO NOT send unsolicited ideas to us.
If you insist on sending unsolicited ideas then we give you no guarantee that we will answer your correspondence or regard your ideas as confidential
Privacy Statement for Lister Trade Frames Ltd
Lister Trade Frames Ltd has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. The following discloses the information gathering and dissemination practices for Our Site.
Information automatically logged
We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer Our Site.
Your IP address is also used to identify you and your details on our database.
Our Site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of information under our control.
Contacting Our Site
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of Our Site, or your dealings with Our Site, you can contact Lister Trade Frames
Lister trade Frames Ltd and The Big Trade Counter are a company incorporated in England and Wales under company number 03122527 and whose registered office is at Unit 2 Govan road, Fenton Industrial estate, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire ST4 2RS.
Customer care telephone number: 01782 391900.
Email address: email@example.com
VAT registration number: 280772347